Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rise Stevens Robert Merrill Roberta Peters 1952 Boston Music Company

These documents and photos are from my Great Aunt Katherine McIntyre's collection from her time spent working as a secretary for The Boston Music Company. I found these photos a bit out of order and it was hard to determine who the obvious persons of intrest were with only a couple of photos that were blank on the back to work with. Another relative recently passed on some photos and other items of family intrest that contained a file folder with labeled photos and other infor enclosed that solved the mystery of just who these people who appeared to making some sort of celebrated personal appearence were. As an amusing footnote, during my career with Borders Books, I have emassed a small collection of my own photos, and other assorted ephermera (A They Might Be Giants signed album being amongst my favorite things...) from store events at the location in Braintree where I now work, I wonder what will become of my personal collection 50 years from now, who knows? I just know that I feel a little more connected to my Great Aunt knowing that she may have typed her summary of store events on paper and may have sent my own to my bosses by email but essentially? We have done the same exact thing in our own time, in persuit of our own career ambitions. The photo below is of Mr. Merrill, Miss Peters (Mrs. Merrill in her personal life) and Miss Stevens. The man behind them is unknown to me but the woman in the back is my Great Aunt Katherine McIntyre. The men in the are unknown to me but I can assume they must me Boston Music Company executives with Katherine McIntyre beside them admiring the window display. Miss Peters, Mr. Merrill and Miss Stevens on Boylston Street outside the store: A batch of newspaper clippings about the event from The Boston Herald, The Boston Post and underneath those, a clipping from The Boston Globe: I really want to find out more about this restaurant next door to The BMC, how long was it there for? Does the facade of the building still look the same? What is the story behind that? More newspaper clippings advertising the event, I wish we could have gotten this kind of publicity for our events in Braintree but then, we never hosted Opera stars....

No comments:

Post a Comment