Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blinstrub's Village



The woman at the end of the table closest to the waitress is my Great Aunt Catherine McIntyre, in searching for more information about this picture I found this really great informative web site:

http://blinstrubas.com/blinstrubsclub/blinstrubs.htm



This South Boston nightclub had a major fire in the late 60's and I find it fascinating that although the Cocoanut Grove fire is so well known, I never even heard of this one before dropping in on this web site by chance.

You never know where hidden history is going to be found, perhaps even in a dusty box of forgotten family photos...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to get the web site to link properly but it chould be easy enough to cut and paste it from the above post.
    I'll get the hang of this eventually...

    ReplyDelete