Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hi!


I figure the best place to start a blog is with introductions.

("Hi!" seems as good a place to start as any....)

My name is Laura, I am 39 years old and I have lived in the Boston area for most my life thus far. Experience bought with extensive US travel in my youth has taught me that as much as I enjoy new experinces and would love to have more of them, I get awfully cranky when I am away from home for more than a couple of weeks at a stretch.

(Home sickness, I think, is the medical term.)

I have come to terms with my homebody tendancies and the more I learn about my own history writing geneology blogs, the more interested I have become in the travelling tendencies of the ancestors that came before and thus collectively brought me here.

But this is not a geneology blog written for a limited audience of people with Pearson, Ricker, McIntyre, or Cummings genes, this is going to be a blog about Boston and my point of view of it.

The best place to start I think may be where it all began,
I took this out the attic window of a house in Roslindale originally purchaced by my Great Grandparents.
After all,
isn't the attic always where the greatest treasures are found?

No comments:

Post a Comment